Pop-up Button at Randomly Specified Timepoints | XM Community
Solved

Pop-up Button at Randomly Specified Timepoints

Hi All,

I'm building a survey in which respondents will work on a task for 10 minutes. I want to have a pop up message along with a customized button for clicking at randomly specified timepoints. More specifically, I want the message to say "Please click on this button in 10 seconds to continue". I know that pop-up messages can be achieved with "alert" function in JavaScript, but how can I build-in a button as well so that the pop-up message disappears after respondents have clicked on the button? I also want to record if clicking is done in 10 seconds after the button is shown.

Moreover, I want the waiting time for the button to be clicked to be excluded from the 10 minutes timer. How can I achieve this?

Thanks for your help!
icon

Best answer by LaurenK 9 July 2018, 23:08

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Hey @Jiayi! It looks like you may be asking about custom programming/code. We actually have a Developer Corner in the community that is reserved for these types of questions. Therefore, we recommend asking your question in that section instead so coders and programmers are more likely to answer your question.

P.S. They might assume that you already have a basic knowledge of programming and how to integrate it into Qualtrics. If you do not, we recommend checking out W3Schools and our pages on Adding Custom CSS and Adding JavaScript to get a basic understanding!
> @LaurenK said:
> Hey @Jiayi! It looks like you may be asking about custom programming/code. We actually have a Developer Corner in the community that is reserved for these types of questions. Therefore, we recommend asking your question in that section instead so coders and programmers are more likely to answer your question.
>
> P.S. They might assume that you already have a basic knowledge of programming and how to integrate it into Qualtrics. If you do not, we recommend checking out W3Schools and our pages on Adding Custom CSS and Adding JavaScript to get a basic understanding!

Thanks!

Leave a Reply