Force response with custom timer | XM Community
Solved

Force response with custom timer

• 17 April 2018
  • 1 reply

Hi All,

I have a custom timer that will force respondents to advance to next block when time is up. However, when adding Qualtrics' force response feature along with the timer, the page waits and forces respondents to submit answers on the last question within the block even if time is up. I want the timer feature, and also want respondents to have submitted an answer to a question before moving on to the next within the timed block. Any suggestions on how to auto-advance respondent to the next block on the last question page even if no answer is submitted?

Currently my timer is set up globally with the attached code in the Header under "Look & Feel" (and also custom CSS). I have an embedded data field "StartTime" set up at the beginning of the survey flow, and right before the timed block, I have "Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.setEmbeddedData('StartTime', new Date().getTime()); " to start the timer. To force auto-advance, I'm currently using display logic: display only if “StartTime” is greater than 0.

Thanks for your help!
icon

Best answer by LaurenK 10 July 2018, 18:30

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Hey @Jiayi! It sounds like your custom timer is going to force respondents to the next block regardless of if they answer the question. When you add the built in force response feature, the system will require that the respondent selects an answer before proceeding! To auto-advance respondents to the next block even if no answer is submitted, you will either need to remove force response from the question and just use auto-advance, or adjust your custom timer!

Leave a Reply