Responses can not be displayed on Data and Analysis page when the number of questions is large | XM Community
Solved

Responses can not be displayed on Data and Analysis page when the number of questions is large

• 1 July 2018
  • 2 replies

I have used Qualtrics for a while and met a problem that never happened before.
In this survey, I have totally 576 questions. I duplicated a block over 20 times with the same questions. Most of the blocks will not be displayed to the subjects due to a randomizer.
However, on Data and Analysis page, I can not choose the columns to add the responses to my questions. Even I exported the survey data to .tsv, it only recorded Survey Metadata and Contact Fields. I still could not find the responses to my questions. The screen shot is like this.
!
Then I tried to delete some blocks and when there were 421 questions in the survey flow, I was able to choose the columns to add the corresponding responses again. The screen shot is like this.
!
I even tried to delete different blocks and found out that which block was deleted did not matter, but the number of blocks (maybe the number of questions) left in the survey flow did matter.
Could you tell me how to get the responses to my questions when I want to keep all the 576 questions. Thanks!
icon

Best answer by LaurenK 10 July 2018, 20:31

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Hey @yoyo! Try exporting your data in the Legacy format! When your survey becomes too large, the system may not be able to handle your request. This is why you are able to export the data in the Legacy format, but you are unable to view it from within the platform. I would recommend reaching out to our Support team to determine how your survey became too large and how to prevent this in the future!
> @LaurenK said:
> Hey @yoyo! Try exporting your data in the Legacy format! When your survey becomes too large, the system may not be able to handle your request. This is why you are able to export the data in the Legacy format, but you are unable to view it from within the platform. I would recommend reaching out to our Support team to determine how your survey became too large and how to prevent this in the future!

Thanks a lot! : )

Leave a Reply