Community Groups are officially here!
We've released Groups, a new feature that enables us to connect community members of similar industries and interests in a shared, private space. You can check out all of the details here, including information about who can join, how to join, and what Groups are currently offered. Please leave your feedback through this Community Groups Feedback Survey.

How to use a star question?

Carlos Godoy
Carlos Godoy Qubie ✭
edited June 23 in Survey Platform

Hi,

How I can set up a question with a 5 star scale?

Let me attach an example image:

Thanks in advance

Answers

• lizb311
    lizb311 Guru ✭✭

Change the question type to a Slider, then change the slider type to Stars.

I don't think you can currently have both labels (the "nada satisfecho" and "muy satisfecho" labels in your example) and stars, though, which is a bit disappointing. I think that would be a nice feature to have in the future.

• Thanks @lizb311 !

I've reviewed this question type, but It doesn't work for me properly. This question type works with 2 stars lines at least, but I want only one line to measure the overall satisfaction as you could view in the previous image.

Do you know another way to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Have a nice day.

• lizb311
    lizb311 Guru ✭✭

@Carlos Godoy The question won't let you do one line of stars? That's odd. This is what the set up looks like for me, in the old survey builder (we haven't switched over to the new builder yet). I did 1 choice (but didn't edit the default text here) and 5 stars.

And here's what that looks like for me when I preview the question.

It's not necessarily as pretty as your example, but it should work okay. Can you show me how yours is set up?

• Hi @Liz thanks for your quick response.

I couldn't see it on the new platform, but I've checked it on the old platform, this's great.

It's better, but It doesn't work for us, because contacts will see "Click to write Choice 1" when they will be answering.

I had emailed Qualtrics Support some days ago, and they said a developer of the Qualtrics XM Community to see if other users know how to implement this with custom code.

Thanks again and I stay tuned.

Carlos Godoy

• Sorry @lizb311, I didn't mention you well.

• lizb311
    lizb311 Guru ✭✭

@Carlos Godoy Ah, I see. Well you could always just type an empty space (or type   ) into that box where it currently says "Click to write Choice 1"

Otherwise - good luck! :)