fixed and randomized blocks

Anakilab
Anakilab Community Member Qubie ✭
edited July 13 in Survey Platform

Hi,

I have 75 blocks, each one of them contains a picture and three questions.

I need to randomize all of the blocks and to show at the half-point a fixed block of resting.

How can I combine randomized and fixed blocks?

Thank you!

Best Answer

• ahmedA
    ahmedA IndiaCommunity Member, XMPN Member Wizard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

@betulz07 If it's only two, then you can do the following in the survey flow:

1. Randomizer with both story blocks. Show only 1
    2. Break block
    3. Story block A inside a branch with the condition: Question in A has not been displayed
    4. Story block B inside a branch with the condition: Question in B has not been displayed

Another way of going about this can be seen here: https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/38672#Comment_38672

Answers

• AlexandreLeduc
    AlexandreLeduc Québec, CanadaCommunity Member Qubie ✭

I don't know if that would solve your issue but you could do a first section with 37 randomized blocks, than you resting block and then another section with 38 randomized blocks.

• betulz07
    betulz07 RochesterCommunity Member Qubie ✭

I have a similar question.

I have 2 stories that I want to present to children in a randomized order but I want a resting block between the stories. So the stories can be randomized (Story A presented first and then Story B and vice versa) but there should be a resting block between the stories no better the order.

I couldn't find a solution so the best I could do is add in the block after the end of each story or play with the display logic but this a bit tedious as I have multiple conditions and cells.

If there is an easier way to do it?