How can I connect response data from 2 different surveys? | XM Community
Solved

How can I connect response data from 2 different surveys?

• 21 April 2018
  • 9 replies

Participants fill Survey1. A the end of the Survey 1 they are randomly directed to one of the 2 websites (website1 or website2). Thus, the participant leaves Survey 1 and goes to the website he was randomly assigned to. From that website, he clicks a link which directs him to Survey2.

I want to connect the answers of the same participant across the 2 surveys. Is this possible? What are the steps?

I have tried to put query strings and embedded data but I had to terminate Survey1 by directing them to Survey 2, but I don't want that, because participants need to be directed to the website.

Thank you in advance for your help!
icon

Best answer by LaurenK 11 July 2018, 17:31

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
If you control the websites you can pass a parameter such as the Survey1 ResponseID to the websites and the websites can include it as a parameter in the Survey2 links. Obviously, your web pages can't be straight html. They would have to have a script component to get the input parameter and use it to dynamically build the Survey2 link.
Tom thanks a lot for your reply. However, can you provide me with more details? I am not familiar at all with html and scripts.
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Hey @ale! It looks like you reached out to our Support team, who sent you a great video walking you through this setup! For other community members interested in a similar setup, check out this page about passing information from one survey to another via query strings!
@TomG how do we pass the ResponseID parameter from Survey1 to the websites. Is there a guide available pls?
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
ResponseID is a reserved embedded variable name that Qualtrics populates. You would just include it as a parameter in a redirect link to your website, for example:
```
https://mywebsite.com/myscript.php?respid=${e://Field/ResponseID}
```
@LaurenK is it possible to share the link to the video you sent to @ale ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Hi @Ziad! Unfortunately, I am unable to send that video due to our privacy policy, but feel free to reach out to @ale and see if he still has it! Otherwise, definitely check out this page or reach out to our Support Team if you are still stuck!
Thank you @LaurenK I emailed the Support Team
How can I pass along the Request ID from 1 survey to next (not through my website but Qualtrics Website). I would like if they answer a question, instead of branching logic it takes you to the separate survey, and each survey refers to the other (as recorded response).

Leave a Reply