Creative options- Collecting feedback when a visitor is done viewing a page | XM Community

Creative options- Collecting feedback when a visitor is done viewing a page

Userlevel 1
Badge +3
I want to execute a survey after a visitor is done browsing a page. I cannot use referring url because there are 600 pages in my survey group that don't share a common url string.

I am in the process of reviewing the configuration options including time delay, etc. I would love to hear best practices for collecting this type of feedback.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
It depends on your use case.

Is this an opt-in Survey, to be shown after _any_ webpage they leave? Then you should send them a pop up asking for the opt in at an early page, and trigger a pop under survey.

Or are you trying to get feedback from everyone, unsolicited after they view a _specific_ page? That will be harder. I suspect if you can pass an analytics variable that says "specific page is closed" (event in GA, I don't know Adobe well), then if they are still cruising your site they may get it.

But if this is the final page you're expecting them to visit, then leave the site.... their session has ended and they leave the site- you're out of luck.

Alternatively, if these are individuals _signed in_ to your site, being tracked with your CRM, you may find options to pass event variables to their account and trigger email follow-up surveys.
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Just thought I would weigh in on how we decided to execute this. First, we added JavaScript to the group of pages that we wanted page exit feedback on. We also set a cookie on those pages. We then used targeted logic that said pop-up a survey when the cookie was present but the JavaScript was not. In this case, the dev support was minimal and seemed to result in a good solution.

Leave a Reply