Trigger e-mail with report | XM Community
Solved

Trigger e-mail with report

I'm currently making a trigger e-mail for the respondent. In this e-mail their score on Variable 1 is measured with a formula using piped text from the answers they gave in the questionnaire.
Their score can be between 1 -5, I want to insert different text when they score is < 3, 3 < score < 4 and when their score is above 4.
I read somewhere that this could be done with conditional text, but I can't find that option when making the trigger e-mail.

Can someone help me with this problem?
icon

Best answer by mattyb513 12 July 2018, 15:48

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
You are probably best off assigning the text values at the end of the survey in the Survey Flow. This is the only place you can do logic. Save the text values as Embedded Data, and then reference those in your triggered emails.

Alternatively, you could trigger wholly different emails based off those conditions using the conditionals at the top of the email trigger.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
@florinekoster - I 2nd @mattyb513 but would say the latter option is a better practice. The reason for this is that adding text as embedded data won't allow for formatting rules and can make the survey flow look messy when the text spills out of the element block.

The way I would set this up is to use 3 branching logic sets depending on their score (<3, 3-4, 4+) that go to separate nested embedded data (ED) blocks with an ED field "message_type", then set the ED equal to 1, 2, or 3 depending on which branch the bock is in. Then, in "Actions" write 3 versions of the e-mail trigger that are triggered off of this ED field value.

While this seems like extra work, you will ultimately appreciate how tidy everything is if you ever have to review or explain the survey months later.

Leave a Reply