Distribution through social media | XM Community
Solved

Distribution through social media

• 12 July 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11
I'm the market research manager for a media company. Sometimes we would like to promote surveys on the social media pages of some of our publications. On the Distributions tab, using the Social Media option allows me to post a link on my page - but what I want to do is provide the code to one of our editors so they can put it on their pages. Is there a way to do that?
icon

Best answer by Akdashboard 12 July 2018, 19:44

View original

4 replies

You could always use the "anonymous link" distribution, and provide that link to them. Unsure what the reporting implications could be.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
@BruceK - Can you just have that person sign in when distributing via social media?

Other than that, the next best option would be to share an anonymous link that you use to hyperlink some text (just to make thing cleaner and more attractive). You may also want to tweak the URL string with some sort of embedded data that would indicate where the response came from:
* "annonymouslinkURL&'EmbeddedDataFieldName(I like to avoid spaces)'='value'
* Also, if you do this, don't forget to make 'EmbeddedDataFieldName' to your survey flow.
Userlevel 3
Badge +11
Thanks for the input.

Yes, I could use anonymous link (we use that now) but I was hoping for the tracking.

The other people can't sign in, because only the market research department has Qualtrics accounts, but the editorial staff only has access to the social media accounts.

I will look into the URL string and Embedded Data approach

Can I use qualtrics to create a poll question that also displays responses on social platforms?

Leave a Reply