A7_3. What would be the approximate full price of your next smartphone, excluding discounts and taxe | XM Community
Solved

A7_3. What would be the approximate full price of your next smartphone, excluding discounts and taxe

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
I want to get the way to SAVE AS NEXT_PHONE_PRICE1
icon

Best answer by LaurenK 18 July 2018, 14:42

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Can you explain more here?
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
@Cathaya - Yes, please explain more. There is not enough information to help you.
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
> @mattyb513 said:
> Can you explain more here?

--Sorry to confuse you, please see the below questions, I'm not sure what it mean by SAVE AS NEXT/CURRENT_PHONE_PRICE in programming language so Idon't know how I should implement that. Look forward to your reply.
A7_1. How much did you pay out of pocket for your current smartphone?
This would be the total price that you paid to own the smartphone after any discount, or tax, not including the mobile service plan. Your best estimate is fine.
Please use the box below to enter a whole number (no symbols or decimal points)

________________[MIN=1 ; MAX=$1500]
[INSERT CURRENCY SYMBOL]0 – I did not pay anything for this mobile phone. [anchor][exclusive]

A7_2. What was the original retail price of your smartphone, excluding discounts and taxes?

_________________ [ENTER WHOLE NUMBER. 0: IS NOT ALLOWED] [MIN=1, MAX=1500 USD]
[TERMINATE IF $100 OR LESS] [SAVE AS CURRENT_PHONE_PRICE]
Don’t know the original price. [terminate] [anchor][exclusive]

A7_3. What would be the approximate full price of your next smartphone, excluding discounts and taxes? Your
best guess is fine.

_________________ [MAX=1500 USD]
[TERMINATE IF $100 OR LESS][SAVE AS NEXT_PHONE_PRICE1]
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
I think what you are looking for is Embedded Data. I would take a look at the support pages to understand more about it. Essentially, it allows you to save values with custom field names.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
@Cathaya -Agreeing with @mattyb513 - What you are looking at is pretty general survey programming language... interestingly not Qualtrics programming language. Are you trying to recreate this survey in Qualtrics?

You actually don't need to set the value of A7_2 as embedded data, as just the response itself can be used for post-review calculations or piped in later int he survey, if needed. However, if you want to make the value of A7_2 an embedded data value, all you need to do is "open Survey Flow > add new Embedded Data block > Rename embedded data field "NEXT_PHONE_PRICE" > map the value of "NEXT_PHONE_PRICE" to equal the value of A&_2.
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Hey @Cathaya! Check out this page about Embedded Data!

Leave a Reply