Exit/Withdraw Button at bottom of page | XM Community
Solved

Exit/Withdraw Button at bottom of page

• 19 July 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge +2
Hi Folks

Have been trying to crack this problem without resorting to java as I'm not a programmer. When students ask me if there is a way to set up an 'exit or 'withdraw' button at the bottom of each page/block in their survey I normally advice that they use a multiple choice question which asks something like 'Are you happy to continue' and apply skip logic to the 'No' response that takes them to the end of the survey.

Now I was wondering if anyone knows of a way of adding a true 'exit/withdraw' button along side the forward button at the end of every page that can be configured by the built in Qualtrics features. I have found reference on the net to some java code that works by setting up an embedded data field and configuring the header under the 'Look and feel' tab with java script. I can get the survey to display the button on the first page but it on flashes up briefly on the following pages. So a simpler, none java option if available within Qualtrics would work for me better.

Regards
icon

Best answer by TomG 19 July 2018, 14:03

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
There may not be anything wrong with your script. One of the following may fix it:
1. Change addOnload to addOnReady
2. Under Look & Feel, set page transition to None
Badge +2
Tom

I had the transition set to slide -- and configuring it to none worked. You are a genius.
Hello IanJukes, what java code did you use for the Exit/withdraw button?

Thank you
Badge +2
Paula

I'm not a programmer but I managed to find a great set of instructions and some code that I cut and pasted from this tutorial https://tylerburleigh.com/mturk/ethical-survey-withdraws-add-a-withdraw-button-to-qualtrics-surveys/

but I've just tried the link and it's not working at the moment. I know that Tyler Burleigh is a research PhD and is on twitter so maybe you could ask him to repost, because it's the instructions of what goes where that's important. I didn't keep a copy myself.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help this morning.

Leave a Reply