Piped Text in Email Action Reply To: | XM Community
Solved

Piped Text in Email Action Reply To:

• 20 July 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge +2
I am sending a summary email after survey completion.
I was using an email trigger and this worked fine until I needed to customize the emails based on survey answers.
The logic became to complex for the email trigger to handle so I switched to and Email Action. The problem with Email actions is they are constrained in the From: and ReplyTo: fields and split the domain off of the username.

I had an embedded variable SecEmail = username@domain.com and was using that in my ReplyTo: field in my email trigger. Ok so when I switched from the trigger to the action I figured I would just shorten the variable to just the username SecEmail = username and then put that piped text in the ReplyTo:

The problem is for some reason that does not work. The action runs, The action reporting log indicates it ran successfully, but no email is received.

2 Questions:

1) Can piped text be used in the ReplyTo: of an email action.
2) Is there a spot that logs actual outgoing emails to see if there were any errors or who they went to.
icon

Best answer by LaurenK 22 July 2018, 20:47

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
1) No, you can only use a valid email address, not a reference.
Badge +2
Wow that is an unfortunate limitation. It does not indicate there is any problem with it when you save the Action.
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Hi @SteveS! I would recommend posting this in our Product Ideas category, as it is a feature not already developed by our team. Be sure to review the How to Write a Good Product Idea template and our Ideation Guidelines before you post your idea!

Leave a Reply