Can a NEAR operator ( ~ ) be used in conjunction with a NOT clause within a topic? | XM Community
Solved

Can a NEAR operator ( ~ ) be used in conjunction with a NOT clause within a topic?

• 9 May 2018
  • 1 reply

I have recently begun using Qualtrics to analyze data and am struggling to build a particular search term query. I am trying to use Text iQ to analyze a data set obtained from a survey. I am wanting to tag a topic based on the title of a position. However, I want to exclude results if a particular employee is mentioned in conjunction with the position. I also want to exclude results if this particular employee's specific position is mentioned.

Ex.
We have a Salesperson named Jim Halpert who is the Head Salesperson.
Ideal returned results from Text iQ would include the text "Salesperson"
but not "Salesperson Jim Halpert", "Jim the Salesperson", "Salesperson Halpert" etc...
would also exclude results that mentioned "Head Salesperson"

To accomplish this I have used the search terms:

"salesperson & not ((salesperson jim)~2 | (salesperson halpert)~2 | (head salesperson)~1)"

I'm unsure as to whether or not I am receiving the results I want from this query.
Any help on syntax or format would be greatly appreciated 🙂
icon

Best answer by LaurenK 20 July 2018, 16:38

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Hey @Macebob! The syntax you have provided is correct. You are able to use a NEAR operator along with a not clause when building your search query. For more information on the syntax you can use, click on the tooltip next to the search bar within Text Analysis. As always, feel free to reach out to our Support team with any additional questions!

Leave a Reply