Using a survey to create a "checklist" | XM Community
Solved

Using a survey to create a "checklist"

• 23 July 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge +1
HI,
I have a long list of activities that students need to finish over the course of a year, I want to administer a survey 4 times per year that asks whether these activities are done - if a student has checked off an item, I would like that activity to be absent from the list the next time the survey is administered. That is, I would a like to have respondents retake a survey and have questions that they have already answered not be asked again (they are only being asked whether they did the activities that they hadn't done the last time we asked). Is this a thing? I haven't figured it out with display logic.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
icon

Best answer by TomG 23 July 2018, 22:05

View original

2 replies

Badge +1
I just found the carry forward answers and that seems promising if I can figure out how to show questions based on whether it is your first time taking the survey or if it is a subsequent time taking the survey. is that possible?
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
If your students are in a panel/contact list and they are using email invites, personal links, or an authenticator to take the survey, then it is possible. You would add a Contact Trigger to your survey to add/update embedded data fields in the panel/contact list based on what they have completed. The next time they took the survey, those embedded data fields would be used in display logic.

Leave a Reply