Discrepancy between raw data and data in Vocalize | XM Community
Solved

Discrepancy between raw data and data in Vocalize

• 23 July 2018
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +10
Hello everyone!

Has anyone experienced discrepancies between what is pulled via raw data and what is showing in Vocalize? For the past couple of months I'm always a handful of responses off, either a few too many or a few too little. Everything seems to be aligned with dates, survey status (i.e. Finished) and anything else I have set, but I always have these stragglers in the raw data. For example this month I exported raw data for July 1 to 22, and I seem to have 5 less responses in the raw data than what I have in vocalize for the same data range/filtering.

Hoping to shed some light on the cause so I'm at least able to explain any slight adjustments in scoring or totals.

Thanks,
Kristy
icon

Best answer by KristyP 24 July 2018, 15:51

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Only records with Finished=1 appear in vocalize, can you check by assigning flag say 1 to your raw data file and than filtering in dashboard with flag=1.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi @KristyP

I hope you know that Vocalize show only recorded data and since as per your statement the difference is only a few records then you should check the timezone in which Vocalize showing the data. Maybe the 5 records are getting shown under June 30.

In vocalize, the time-zone is shown at the bottom of the dashboard screen. You can try changing it to what you have for raw data.
Userlevel 2
Badge +10
Hi @bansalpeeyush29 and @Mohammedali_Rajapakar_Ugam

Thanks for your help! The filters were set properly (as I thought the same thing with the Finished=1 being off) and the time zones looked like everything was good to go and both environments listed EST time which is perfect. That being said, looking closer at that I ran a quick test and noticed that despite the time zone being set properly, the time of the data being presented in Vocalizer was set to 4 hours ahead of my local time. So my test that went through at 8:55am this morning was listed as 12:55pm in Vocalizer.

I've reached out the Support team to see if they can have a look as that is most likely what is messing up my data in between the two. I'll post their response here in hopes of helping anyone else seeing the same issue.

Thanks again!

Kristy
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
!

Just checking, did you try changing the time zone on dashboard page? Try edit dashboard and scroll to the bottom of the page and select "EST" (if you are collecting response in EST timezone).
Userlevel 2
Badge +10
Hi @Mohammedali_Rajapakar_Ugam

I just realized in my test one I hadn't set the dashboard time zone so thank you for pointing that out, however we're still an hour off. Thinking about when we started seeing issues, it was the same month we changed to Daylight Savings Time, so now we're looking at the data taking into account that hour change over. If the data lines up and there is no fix we might have to just manually change the time zone by an hour to accommodate the time change until we go back in November.

Getting closer to the solution at least 😉

Thanks!

Leave a Reply