Is it possible to show respondents what questions they've missed? | XM Community
Solved

Is it possible to show respondents what questions they've missed?

• 27 July 2018
  • 4 replies

I'd like to give the option for respondents to skip over questions that they either prefer not to answer at all, or that they need time to think about. Then at the end of the survey I'd like to be able to show them the questions they've skipped so they have a second chance to complete them. Does that functionality exist?
icon

Best answer by MohammedAli_Rajapkar 27 July 2018, 17:26

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
No, sorry.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi @alexh

The simple way will be to re-ask all questions (not only the skipped one) by duplicating the block in survey flow.

And if you fine with asking the skipped question on its own page then you can try this:
Create and set the embedded data based on the question answered and each question will have a display logic such as "embedded data" is not blank (You can set the embedded data through Qualtrics JQuery). And, In survey flow, you will have to duplicate the block.
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Hey @alexh! I'm not quite sure exactly what you may be looking for, but I wanted to mention our Request Response feature! It will not show the respondent exactly which questions they missed, but it will let them know how many unanswered questions they have!
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
@alexh - what @Mohammedali_Rajapakar_Ugam said will work, and you can go a step further by hiding question in the 2nd block if they were answered by using question display logic.

For example "display if X or Y or Z are not selected".

Leave a Reply