How do I display a word count of a text entry box on a previous page onto the next page? | XM Community
Solved

How do I display a word count of a text entry box on a previous page onto the next page?

• 30 July 2018
  • 5 replies

Hi everybody,

I am looking for a solution in qualtrics to display the number of entered words into a text entry field to the study participant.

I already found a JS code that kind of does what I want. With the code in this thread I can display the number of words, however, only on the same page (and same question) as the text entry field is. I however want the word count to be displayed on the next page.

Is it possible to change the code so that I can display the number of words entered into a text entry field on the next page?

And: Is it possible to display the cumulative word count of several text entry fields of prior pages?

I hope I expressed myself clearly enough for somebody to help - I am no coding expert at all!
Thank you so much in advance for your help!
icon

Best answer by PeeyushBansal 30 July 2018, 14:25

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Please check this post

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/144/how-do-i-show-the-number-of-words-in-text-entry-boxes-i-have-several-on-the-page
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
1.) use below script in java script same with some addition to add value to embedded data ED1
!

2.) DEFINE EMBEDDED IN SURVEY FLOW
!

3.) CALL this variable ed1 in next question
!
This helps a lot, thank you!

This code always refers to the previous text entry field.
Is there a code that displays the wordcount of several specific fields?
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
You can use indexing with variables like [0], [1] and modify script.
Thanks for helping out!

Leave a Reply