Popover: Allow multiple open/close? | XM Community
Solved

Popover: Allow multiple open/close?

• 8 August 2018
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
I have a popover creative working on my site for website feedback. It is triggered by an html button on my site (a button with a unique ID). It works great, but only once unless the user refreshes the page. I'd like users to be able to open and close the popover as many times as they want. Any help is appreciated.
icon

Best answer by AnthonyR 8 August 2018, 23:36

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
IT'd be easier to help you debug if you'd post your code!
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
@AnthonyR
Thank you. It's on a locked down dev site, right now, but I'll move it outside the firewall so you can see.
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
@AnthonyR
Here is a test page. The dark blue button that says "Qualtrics Test" should open the pop over, though I notice some delay. If I close the pop over, I can't reopen unless I refresh the page. I'd prefer this to work like a regular modal where users can open and close as much as they want.
https://deq.utah.gov/qualtrics-test
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Looking at what you have now, I am not even getting it firing once. however, the behavior you are looking for seems better suited to the "Feedback Tab" creative rather than popover. Is there a reason you are using popover instead of the Feedback Tab?
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
@AnthonyR
Thank you for testing. Maybe I do want a tab. I'm a noob and this is my first Qualtrics project. We use modals (popOver) for other utilities on our page. For consistency, I thought it would be nice to have the site feedback in a modal as well. This one I'm using is very slow, though, even though I've told it to pre-build. I'll look into using tabs.
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
I got the tabs working, but still would prefer using a PopOver. One reason I want to do this is that my theme has its own feedback button. I'd prefer to use that over the Qualtrics tab button.
Userlevel 6
Badge +21
hello @red5 ,
Below link will help you in applying popover on button as per your requirement.

LINK
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
@PraDeepKotian_Ugam
Forgive my ignorance. I have popovers working on my site and they are even working on buttons. The problem is that the Qualtrics popover only works one time or not at all. I'm trying to figure out how to make it work consistently, the way the feedback tab does. Earlier in this post, AnthonyR suggested using Tabs Creatives. Those work consistently, but I want to use Popovers.

Leave a Reply