Scoring via embedded data | XM Community
Solved

Scoring via embedded data

• 28 November 2017
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5
I know the answer is probably no, but I thought I would throw it out there anyway.

When you have a question type that is not supported in scoring, is there a way that you can get around it by plugging answers from the non-supported question type into embedded data? I'm not seeing anything in the Scoring Options, but maybe someone knows something I don't.
icon

Best answer by AnthonyR 28 November 2017, 01:07

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Unfortunately not 😞 Scoring doesn't have a way to count embedded data. Though this would be a great workaround if it were made available. You could use embedded data math to build out a manual embedded data score though. you can even pipe the score in to embedded data to help with this.
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
> @AnthonyR said:
> Unfortunately not 😞 Scoring doesn't have a way to count embedded data. Though this would be a great workaround if it were made available. You could use embedded data math to build out a manual embedded data score though. you can even pipe the score in to embedded data to help with this.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Thanks for the verification. Embedded data math is the only way to go at this point. I'll probably have to create some kind of branch logic for each question for score tallying.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
> @Clint said:
> > @AnthonyR said:
> > Unfortunately not 😞 Scoring doesn't have a way to count embedded data. Though this would be a great workaround if it were made available. You could use embedded data math to build out a manual embedded data score though. you can even pipe the score in to embedded data to help with this.
>
> Yeah, that's what I thought. Thanks for the verification. Embedded data math is the only way to go at this point. I'll probably have to create some kind of branch logic for each question for score tallying.

That's exactly how I have done it in the past. Hopefully it isn't TOO many questions!

Leave a Reply