Setting dashboard access based on metadata fields | XM Community
Solved

Setting dashboard access based on metadata fields

• 11 November 2017
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
  • Qualtrics Employee
  • 24 replies
I have two metadata fields, Location and Department. I want to enable dashboard access so that dashboard users see all the responses for users with the same Location OR the same Department name. How can I do this?
icon

Best answer by Poppy 6 February 2018, 23:19

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
@Poppy, you'll want to make sure you load your contact list with columns that identify each user by Location and Department. On your Dashboard, click the 'Share' icon, then set up a role based on their Location and Department. The role needs to point to the embedded data field in your contact list. In my attached example, I'm allowing faculty access to their course evaluation responses by creating an 'Instructor' role that points to the 'Instructor Username' field in my embedded data. You'll notice in the screenshot that I'm only allowing them to 'Export' the data (essentially allowing them View-only access), and they can see 4 of the pages of my dashboard.

!
Userlevel 4
@JakeW It looks like that's not available on my Dashboard - I'm using the Employee Engagement platform, not Vocalize. Do you know how to do that in EE?
Badge
@Poppy I experience the same issue in the EE platform. The logic for setting up dashboard access only allows for an "AND" relationship, not "OR". Curious if others have found a workaround on this.
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
You can try having role / attribute based filters set on the page. Here my assumption is department name is sub set of Location.

You can set required attributes to user and then add filter on the page.

!
Userlevel 4
I reached out to Qualtrics Support and got an answer for this. When a user is assigned to more than one role, the permissions are additive and not restrictive. Essentially, they act as "Or" statements. So, the best way to do this would be to create two different roles, one with the Location permission set up and another with the Department permission set up, and then assign both of the roles to a user. That way they would be able to see information from users with the same Location OR the same Department name in their dashboard.

Leave a Reply