Best practice method of distributing surveys by email | XM Community
Solved

Best practice method of distributing surveys by email

• 10 August 2018
  • 3 replies

I would ideally like to distribute my internal survey using our internal email survey. That way, the users will recognise it as an authentic internal activity, plus the contact list will always be up-to-date.
_However_, I want to track respondents' answers, and when I click on "generate a trackable link for each contact", it directs me to create a custom contact list, which undoes all the benefits of sending from the internal email server.
Can anyone shed light on the best way to send internal surveys please ? Much appreciated.
icon

Best answer by bstrahin 10 August 2018, 14:52

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Best way is to schedule using the Distribution list. Prepare distribution list add unique variable say ED and upload to contact list and then scheduling it for desired date, scheduling reminders(if required). You can download distribution history to check who not responded or who responded.
Userlevel 7
Badge +38
@Janelle the SSO authenticator is past my technical expertise, but it sounds like it might be useful for your purposes https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-flow/advanced-elements/authenticator/sso-authenticator/
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Hey @Janelle! Check out this page about generating Personal Links. This does require that you first upload a contact list into the platform, but will allow you to create trackable links that you can then distribute outside of the platform. If you have any additional questions, feel free to reach out to our Support team!

Leave a Reply