JavaScript Audio file not showing on Macs or Mobile phones | XM Community
Solved

JavaScript Audio file not showing on Macs or Mobile phones

• 30 July 2018
  • 6 replies

Hi all good Samaritans,

I've distributed an online experiment and my supervisor (On holiday/vacation for a week, so can't help) added a "mindfulness audio" and a "control audio", previews all checked out fine. However... the audio on both does not appear on mobile phones or Mac's when distributed to participants.

My supervisor owns this file, but I was hoping someone may help. It appears to be Javascript and when right clicked.. JW FLV Player 3.12

The code is as such below:

Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.addOnload(function()
{
this.hideNextButton();
this.clickNextButton.delay(315);});

I hope someone out there can help, Thank you for your time.
icon

Best answer by NiC 20 August 2018, 18:28

View original

6 replies

Badge
Hi @AlexTaylorCity!

It looks like you may be asking about custom programming/code. We actually have a Developer Corner in the community that is reserved for these types of questions. Therefore, I have moved your question to that section instead so coders and programmers are more likely to answer your question.

P.S. They might assume that you already have a basic knowledge of programming and how to integrate it into Qualtrics. If you do not, we recommend checking out W3Schools and our pages on Adding Custom CSS and Adding JavaScript to get a basic understanding!
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
What you have posted is not the JS in question. You'll need to get more information on what's in the survey and how the file is added in order for anyone to be helpful.
Thank you for your help, I shall endeavor to find out more information about it.
Hello @AlexTaylorCity ,

You cannot see the file because FLV is not directly(you can use video codec) supported by Macs or Mobile phones
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Hello @AlexTaylorCity Please Share your .QSF File Which will Help us to understand the root cause of the issue you are facing
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
Hello @AlexTaylorCity
If you are using an FLV file then as @Shashi said , you might need to install Adobe Flash Player and if you don't want everyone to get the flash player you can just convert the audio file into an mp3 format.
and if still it does not work then please share the code on the question in which the audio file is.

Leave a Reply