List of postcodes? | XM Community
Solved

List of postcodes?

Hi all!
Qualtrics newbie here, looking for what might be very basic help (sorry!)

I need my survey respondents to be able to enter a list of postcodes. Is there a way to either:

a) Allow respondents to enter postcodes in one text box, separated by a semicolon (or similar), and for validation to ensure they are valid UK postcodes, and that they are separated properly?

or

b) Allow respondents to enter postcodes into separate text boxes, with validation to ensure they are valid UK postcodes. The number of postcodes will vary from person to person, so ideally they could create the number of boxes they need, or press return after every one they type in until they are done.

Any other suggestions would be awesome too!

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Many thanks in advance!
icon

Best answer by NiC 14 August 2018, 17:45

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21
hi @LozitaPond ,
You can validate the post code by adding validation provided by Qualtrics.
Below image will help you.
!
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
Hey @LozitaPond
Is there any upper limit to the number of postcodes one can enter ?
> @NotSoAnonymous said:
> Hey @LozitaPond
> Is there any upper limit to the number of postcodes one can enter ?

Hi!
There isn't, but I wouldn't expect it to be more than 50
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Is there a limit, that how many post code does one respondent have to enter.

If there is no limit than: you have to create one question with big text box and have to pick value after coma to validate.

if there is limit: You can add question with multiple Open end boxes, and apply validation for each box.
> @PraDeepKotian said:
> hi @LozitaPond ,
> You can validate the post code by adding validation provided by Qualtrics.
> Below image will help you.
> !
>

Thanks PraDeepKotian. I've used the postcode validation, but I don't think it will work when the postcodes are seperated by semicolons, will it?
Userlevel 6
Badge +21
> @bansalpeeyush29 said:
> Is there a limit, that how many post code does one respondent have to enter.
>
> If there is no limit than: you have to create one question with big text box and have to pick value after coma to validate.
>
> if there is limit: You can add question with multiple Open end boxes, and apply validation for each box.

@bansalpeeyush29 mentioned the same.
you can ask question about how many postcodes will be entered by user as per that you can display logic to each Open end boxes and validate to UK postcodes.
> @PraDeepKotian said:
> you can ask question about how many postcodes will be entered by user as per that you can display logic to each Open end boxes and validate to UK postcodes.

Super, thanks! Would the way to do this be to create 50 or so boxes, and use display logic to hide them based on the value entered?
Is there a faster way of doing this?
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Loop and merge is option, where first question you can ask how many zipcodes you want to enter. and than loop and merge on basis of first question. In this case you have to create question only once.
Userlevel 6
Badge +21
> @LozitaPond said:
> > @PraDeepKotian said:
> > you can ask question about how many postcodes will be entered by user as per that you can display logic to each Open end boxes and validate to UK postcodes.
>
> Super, thanks! Would the way to do this be to create 50 or so boxes, and use display logic to hide them based on the value entered?
> Is there a faster way of doing this?

@LozitaPond Yes you got it.
Custom code can be used to make it faster.
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
Hey @LozitaPond
There is a simpler way
1)Ask how a question as to how many postcodes they would be entering. (preferrably this should be in another block )
!
2) You can use the loop and merge option on the question
!
3) You can set the authenication on the Quetionas @PraDeepKotian had shown
!

Leave a Reply