can i syntetically create a response summary? | XM Community
Solved

can i syntetically create a response summary?

• 15 August 2018
  • 9 replies

the Response summary which i can allow at the end of a Survey (wih PDF) is exactly what we need back at the end of the Survey.
is there any Chance to create this syntetically e.g. with a link?
icon

Best answer by mattyb513 16 August 2018, 16:01

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Unfortunately, no.
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
You can trigger response summary or can select show response summary in options.
Userlevel 6
Badge +21
hi @mdiener ,
No.
But there is a survey options which show summary of survey responses at the end of survey submit.
Below image will help you:
!
Userlevel 6
Badge +8
Did that resolve your issue? Or do you want to be able to see the response summary on demand and not be an administrator of the survey?
hi thanks for asking - perfect would be to see the Response summary on demand or as link on a Trigger e.mail.

reason why i'm asking for that is that we have about 150 questions. the Response summary Shows only the filled answers. all other reports Show everything which is tool much.
Userlevel 6
Badge +8
So, if you want to, "on demand," show a specific response (record in your results), and tailor it to show in a specific format, and only specific questions, I have an answer for you.

I use a contact list trigger (which you can create after the fact for the ones already collected) - to house the results (and you can bring these in from different forms/surveys). Then I created a form that asks for the record number (stored in the ExternalDataReference field of the contact list). The form is a Descriptive Text Question type and only shows what I want, designed as I want. Basically it shows one record, as much or as little as I want.

If this is what you want, there are a few nuances. You'll set the End of Survey in the Survey Flow to be Customized...starting with Override Survey Option Settings and then choosing Do Not Collect Responses since you won't have any questions to be answered. And of course you'll need to have an ExternalDataReference value which is UNIQUE to each record (and hopefully something easy to use to identify the record)
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
I've been through this many times. There is no easy path to success here. The only way is to code your own response summary
me either... but sounds interesting: how would you code this? Java, QlikView.... have you done this before (if ever)?
Userlevel 6
Badge +8
hi mdiener, I take it you're asking mattyb513 about the coding. if you want to do what I was asking about without code I've done it a lot, no coding necessary.

Leave a Reply