🏆️ Doggy Day Care | Competition | XM Community

🏆️ Doggy Day Care | Competition

Userlevel 6
Badge +7
  • Qualtrics Employee
  • 145 replies
We want to give you a chance to show off those skills and get some recognition for your top-notch work. You need only complete the 🏆️ challenge 🏆️ below to earn a badge worth 20 points!

Qualtrics will then choose two runner-ups and a top winner (3 total) and share the winning survey within the Community for everyone to swoon over. If your submission is in the top three (3), you will win a badge worth 50 points - that’s halfway to our early access prize!

If you get stuck on anything, asking your fellow community members for help may be a good idea. Good luck!

The Challenge:
It’s the year 2025 and Qualtrics has discovered that not only are they great at survey software, but it turns out that their office would be an ideal place to host doggy day care. After all, many of the employees already bring their dogs to work - what dog wouldn’t want to spend the day with Poppy, Goldie, Dax, and Barnaby?

In order to get the doggy day care side job off the ground, Qualtrics will run a one-week pilot of the program. Therefore, they will need an effective registration form that will track what dogs will be coming and when. The form will have to record the following items:

* The dog’s name and its picture.
* The owner’s name and contact information (phone and email).
* The dog’s dietary requirements (feeding schedule, food types, allergies, etc.).
* Any special needs or behavior issues.
* The date and time the dog will be dropped off/picked up.
_Important_: Qualtrics doggy day care operates Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm. They can only watch 20 dogs at any given time.
_Important_: Since the doggy day care is a pilot, the registration form needs to only record information for a single week.
* The owner should receive a confirmation of their selected time slot that they registered for.
Bonus points if this confirmation also tells them who else their dog will be playing with that day!

How to Submit Your Entry:
Export your survey as a QSF file and upload it as a file in this survey.

Judging Criteria:
1. _Requirements_: Does the survey collect all of the required information listed above? Does the survey make sure that Qualtrics isn’t watching any more than 20 dogs at any given time?
2. _Efficiency_: Is the survey created in a way so that it is as easy as possible to fill out the form? Is the survey easy to read?
3. _Data Analytics_: Are the survey results easy to read and report on?
4. _Style_: Is the survey fun to engage with? Does it look professional and inviting?
5. _Limitations_: The survey should not use any custom JavaScript.

Rules**:
1. Only one entry allowed per person.
2. Entry must be submitted by Monday, January 22 at 11:59pm MST.

22 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Is it expected the employee will sign up for an entire 8-5 timeslot for their dog, or are half-day options available?
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
> @britain said:
> Is it expected the employee will sign up for an entire 8-5 timeslot for their dog, or are half-day options available?

That's up to you, Britain! In our opinion, the more options you provide someone who is looking for doggy day care, the better! You'll just want make sure that you are still efficient in how you are booking the dogs and that no more than 20 are being watched at any given time.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
This will be a fun little project. Good luck everyone!
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Is there a way to say they cancel their time? It will change the number of dogs at that time.
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
> @Linda_charlton said:
> Is there a way to say they cancel their time? It will change the number of dogs at that time.

While not required, if you want to get that creative, go for it!
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Will you share the winning survey because I started and could not think of a way to share the picture if they uploaded it in the survey. Love to learn by looking at the survey that figure it out.
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
> @Linda_charlton said:
> Will you share the winning survey because I started and could not think of a way to share the picture if they uploaded it in the survey. Love to learn by looking at the survey that figure it out.
>

Absolutely, Linda!
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
I got off to a great start with this one and hope to finish it off tonight. I'm a little embarrassed to still be a Qubie!
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
> @britain said:
> I got off to a great start with this one and hope to finish it off tonight. I'm a little embarrassed to still be a Qubie!

No need to feel embarrassed! We have all been there. 🙂 Looking forward to all of the great submissions!
Userlevel 6
Badge +45
I have no idea if my approach worked or not (seemed a little manual and I'm sure there is an easier way to do it that I don't know about). I'm so excited to see the winning survey because this type of survey is definitely applicable to my job and I would love to learn set this up!
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
Dang, I wish I'd had more time. This sounded like a fun one. You're going to keep doing these, right?
Userlevel 6
Badge +45
@Emily
> @MichelleC said:
> Dang, I wish I'd had more time. This sounded like a fun one. You're going to keep doing these, right?
>

I agree with @MichelleC -- this was a very useful practice tool and I hope you keep doing them!
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
While we had many great submissions, the runner-ups for this competition were @Libertywick and @2baprogrammer. And the winner of this competition is….. @britain ! Congrats, everyone!

Britain recognized that you needed to use the following key features to successfully make this survey: Answer Choice Display Logic, Quotas, Email Triggers, and Branch Logic, to name a few.

A few highlights of his survey include….
* Use of default choices to provide examples
* Form text entry questions to consolidate questions
* A creative logo for the survey

One thing to consider would be to immediately indicate that spots are completely full when an individual enters the survey by placing the Branch Logic at the very top of the Survey Flow (instead of having the respondent fill out the first form question before being branched out of the survey).

You can download his survey QSF file attached to this post and import it into your account to see how he did it.

Thank you to everyone for the wonderful submissions! We thoroughly enjoyed reading all of them. And to answer many of your questions, yes, we plan on doing more of these competitions. Until next time!
Userlevel 6
Badge +45
Congratulations @britain! Your survey is awesome--gave me lots of ideas 😃
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Thank you @VirginiaM! I really love quotas + display logic together.

@Linda_charlton -- I never figured out the picture part either. Ideally I wanted to print a report where each page would have the photo for each dog with their preferences. I think the staffers would need access to the survey responses to view the uploaded photo, at least in the version I submitted!
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
@Emily - Thank you, and thanks for the suggestion about the survey flow!

When I first started to work on this, if the slots were full, I was going to add the applicant to an "Interested in The Next Pilot" contact list. Now that I think about it, you're right -- it would be less frustrating for the user to put the slots-full condition RIGHT up front, then branch to a block that asks them, prompts for name and contact info, and adds to the list.

Here's a preview link in case you just want to click through and see how it looks without downloading reproducing it in your account. (I just realized distributing this may not exactly honor the terms of U-M's license, so I'll be sure to have a talk with myself later today)
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
@britain - Your survey gave me alot of ideas on some of the more intricate and confusing parts of the challenge. There were so many ways to go about doing things, it was hard to narrow down the most user friendly and efficient way. Loved the logo. Survey looked great!
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Dang! So bummed I missed this thread until now! I am 100% game for the next challenge.
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
The Qualtrics font is a custom font created for Qualtrics and not available online, so I used the Inspector in my browser on Qualtrics.com and changed the text in-page to "canine EXPAWRIENCE," because I am a dad and I love terrible puns. Then I used the zoom feature in the browser to screencap a high-resolution version that I used for the header.
Userlevel 2
Badge
I'm really liking these community challenges and look forward to the next one!
Userlevel 2
Badge +8
It would be great to have a repository where we could easily find all the qsf's from these community challenges. Nice job @britain Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
I wanted to jump in here and mention that we have just announced our second Community Challenge: RepellentQ. Head on over to this post to check it out!

Leave a Reply