Choosing and ranking items in a table matrix | XM Community
Solved

Choosing and ranking items in a table matrix

• 28 May 2020
  • 1 reply

Hello all,
I have a table of descriptors that I want my survey respondents to rank both vertically and horizontally. The table looks something like this, with the very top row the three characteristics we are testing:
Table3_20200511.pngThe goal is to let the respondents pick one most important word from each column, and rank the three chosen words laterally. E.g., I might pick "innovation" from column 1, "analysis" from column 2, and "empathy" from column 3; and I will rank these three words horizontally in the order of importance to me. I have been digging in and trying out various formats, including multiple choice, drag and drop, rank order, pick group and rank, but have yet found anything that suits our purpose. What are some good format options for this type of question in Qualtrics?
Many thanks!!
Sophie

icon

Best answer by rondev 28 May 2020, 04:00

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

One of the possible method would be to first ask them which word they want to choose from each column. So we need to create three single question each for a column.
Now in the next page, create a PGR question, add all the words of all the three columns as items, so total their will be 25 items. Now on each item add a display logic as display if this item was selected in the respective single choice question.

Leave a Reply