Unique URL_ommitted for privacy | XM Community
Solved

Unique URL_ommitted for privacy

Hello,
In order to prevent Qualtrics from collecting the participants IP addresses and location, I have chosen in survey options "Anonymize response". However, for my survey purposes I have to generate and download unique URLs for all the participants. By choosing "Anonymize response", all I get is a csv file where instead of having a list of unique URLs for my participants, I get "ommited response". To solve this problem (get unique URLs while at the same time prevent Qualtrics from collecting IP addresses and location), I first unclick "Anonymize response" in survey options, then I generate and download the csv with the unique URLs and as a last step, I click on "Anonymize response". After the participants have completed the survey, I download from Qualtrics the csv file with the responses. Neither the participant IP address nor the participant location, has been collected by Qualtrics, which is exactly what I wanted.
However, this is not a very straightforward solution. Is there any other way to generate and download unique URLs while at the same time preventing Qualtrics from collecting the IP address and participant location?
Thank you,
Lamprini

icon

Best answer by LaurenK 14 July 2020, 22:06

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Lamprini Have you considered using email distribution within Qualtrics instead of creating unique URLs for each recipient?
This was been the easiest way for us to send surveys to staff. I can still upload email addresses and send survey, all while keeping the responses anonymous. I can also see who has and has not completed the survey. I can't see their individual survey responses, but I can as a whole in a report or dashboard.

VickyB thank you for your reply.
I am working on a research project and we have to send the emails through another platform for privacy reasons. So, unfortunately, we cannot use the email distribution within Qualtrics.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi Lamprini! If you have not yet already, I'd recommend looking into Query Strings. You can add them to your Anonymous Link to make the urls unique for each participant; however, you'd have to set this up outside of the Qualtrics platform. If you have any questions about how to use query strings, be sure to reach out to our Support team, as they are best equipped to help!

Leave a Reply