Adding additional Embedded data post survey launch | XM Community
Solved

Adding additional Embedded data post survey launch

• 29 June 2020
  • 9 replies

Hi,
I wonder if anyone can help.
I we have a survey which is now closed, that I have built dashboards on. I've had a request to add in an additional filter for data we don't currently store in Qualtrics.
Subsequently, I have added this data to the contact list, but It does not appear as embedded data within the "Data and Analytics" tab of the survey, nor am I able to add it as a field on the dashboard.
Can anyone advise how I can get the data into the dashboards to filter on it?
Note we have thousands of responses, the data is demographic, adding it in manually, as a calculated column is not really a feasible option for us.

Thanks,

Polly

icon

Best answer by rondev 29 June 2020, 10:27

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Have you added this embedded data in the survey flow as first element of survey flow?
I am not sure if contact list embedded data gets updated retroactively in data analysis, but you can try the above.

Hey rondev ,

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to add retrospectively

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

One of the solution can be: To create a CSV file with response id and that embedded data value. You can create this csv file using vlookup on data and analysis export and that contact list exports common field.
Then, you can create a API that would read this CSV file and for each row/ record, you can run this update response api in a loop.

rondev will this not work with the "Import" function instead, or do I have to create an API?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/27288#Comment_27288Yes, nice thought, it can work with import/export option too, but then the start date, end date of all respondent would change when you re-import it. But then again you can store this start and end date in some other embedded data, to retain them if needed.

rondev one last question (I think!). I am doing some tests with importing the data and it appears to append, not merge (i.e i will end up with a new row of data, rather than the original data being enriched) I am importing with the same response_ID but it seems to add a new ID to the imported data. Is there a way to merge appose to append do you know?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/27290#Comment_27290So this is one more thing that we need to know - Every time you import the data, it will add new rows and create new response id for the new row. So you need delete the previous data and then import it.

Thanks rondev that makes total sense

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hello, I'm trying to do this too. How did you end up retaining your start/end/recorded dates?

Leave a Reply