Is it possible to send automatic emails with the individual links? | XM Community
Question

Is it possible to send automatic emails with the individual links?

• 26 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hello,
I am conducting a survey which consists of two parts. The first one will be available via the anonymous link in the social media. The second would be send to subjects who complete the first part, and this one, I would like to have an individual link. It is important for me, to send email with an individual link just after sybject complete the firts survey, thus it should be automated process. However, I did not find on the support site any advice how to connect automatic email with the individual link. Do you know, if there is a such possibility?
I will be grateful for any advice. 🙂
Best wishes

4 replies

Hello,
What I would do for this is the following :
1) create a web service task in the first survey who automatically create the same response in the second survey. (each question response as embedded data in the second survey)
==> With it each respondent will have a responseID corresponding to the second survey.
2) Create a "send email " task for each survey response in the second survey. The survey will be sent to the email address that you have due to the first survey and which have been link to this new survey due to the web service API task created.
In this email, you would be able to automatically the link of retake survey (with the surveyID and the responseID generated during the first point). Indeed, retake survey is always in this format : https://gemaltocx5.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SurveyID?Q_R=ResponseID&Q_R_DEL=1
The person will receive this link to retake a survey response which is empty (only datas the response will have is embedded data corresponding to first survey response)
Hoping this help

Badge

Hello,
Thank you for a response. To be honest, I am new on the Qualtrics, so that I didn't actually understand what did you write about. 😉 I went to the Support Page, found the Action Tab, and learn a little. However, I would like to ask - wouldn.t be possible to do it just via the Email Task?

Could you tell me why do you want to send individual links instead of anonymous links for second survey ?
If when you said "Individual links" , you only means sending email one by one just after respondent finished the first survey. Then yes you can just send him the survey link of the second survey on separated email with the email task.
If you would like to have on the response of the second survey some of the data related to the first survey. Then you will need to use the process I've explained but it requires API implementation.

Badge

I would like to send individual links, because my second survey is very long and I do not want to make my subjects complete the whole survey at once. Thus, I would like to send individual link to each subject, so that subjects would be able to complete a part of a survey, take a break, and then come back to the survey.

Leave a Reply