Why does adding a filter to a dashboard impact the displayed data even if the filter isn't selected? | XM Community
Question

Why does adding a filter to a dashboard impact the displayed data even if the filter isn't selected?

• 5 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

I'm running into an issue where adding a filter at the top of the dashboard impacts the data in the dashboard widgets, even when no selection is made. Example: I have 15 responses in total. As soon as I add a filter (set to "all") for a specific question that only 10 people answered, the entire dashboard only displays data for the 10 people who responded to the filterable question. This is a huge problem for us. Do I have an incorrect setting?

2 replies

Badge +3

This happens only in case of the filter which is Numeric/Number Set. Numeric/Number Set field type will filter out the dashboard as per its value range for example 0-10, whatever record is blank for that filed will be filtered out in the dashboard.

Change the filed type to Text set, the issue will be resolved.

Badge +3

Thanks for the response - we've noticed that pattern too. So, when you change it to Text Set, but it really is a numeric field, do you set the Text to show numbers? Seems kludgy - Is this an error in the Qualtrics design?

Leave a Reply