Survey comparing two different countries with different languages | XM Community
Question

Survey comparing two different countries with different languages

• 24 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi There!
I am designing a survey to compare two different countries with different languages. I already used the translate feature.
In the beginning of the survey, I would like the participants to choose if they’re Mexican or German and through that answer either present the German or Spanish version of my questionary.
Additionally, I would like to manage that for example 100 Mexicans and 100 Germans need to answer the survey. And in the end I need to easily compare the Mexican and German data collected.
I’m not sure what way would be best to do this. I’m new to Qualtrics and not really talented in programming stuff..
Any recommendations how to solve this?
Thanks a lot!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi vanessa_sy ,
I don't have experience allowing respondents to toggle between languages in a survey, but this page outline different options for enabling each language to respondents.
This page on quotas should help with your second issue (getting 100 in each group to respond).
To compare results between the two groups, the data/reporting tool should have a variable that identifies the language each respondent used. But you may also want to ask a question to that effect as well.
Good luck!

Hi MatthewM
Thanks for your support!

Leave a Reply