Adding "Text entry " to a multiple choice queston? (Not to one of the answer choices) | XM Community
Solved

Adding "Text entry " to a multiple choice queston? (Not to one of the answer choices)

• 31 March 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello all,
I need to add atext entry box as one of the answer choices so that the respondent can add any comments if they have in addition to choosing one of the 6 multiple choices.
So to sum up, I need to create a multiple choice question with a text box as one of the answer choices.

icon

Best answer by TomG 14 August 2021, 23:54

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56

Mohammadt Great question: we use this often to gather responses to questions that may have the bulk of answers in predictable buckets, but where there may be a long "tail" that we would like to study. It's easy:
How To Other Text Entry.pngI hope that helps!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you sooo very much for this answer, but what I need in my question if possible is that they choose one and ONLY one of the multiple choices as the question is some kind of a Likert Scale question but I can't create a matrix as I need to have a comment box under each question.
I want to recreate, if possible, exactly what you see in this picture :
how-sat.jpg

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

Mohammadt - Make 'Comments' a separate text entry question and modify the format with CSS or JS as needed.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

TomG The issue with making a separate question is that then comment box question is separated from the multiple choice question by the line that the theme uses to visually separate questions, rather than looking like it's part of the multiple choice question. Is there a way to use css/js to remove the line just between those two questions (vs removing all lines from the theme)?

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/39774#Comment_39774You can hide the separator with JS. Add this to the comment question JS:
Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.addOnReady(function() {
jQuery("#"+this.questionId).prev(".Separator").hide();
});

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

TomG Thanks, it worked!

Leave a Reply