Survey Actions | XM Community
Question

Survey Actions

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hello
I have an action set up in my survey to send an email once the survey has been submitted.
The survey/action question is "What Region are you located in?". The question selection options are NA, AP, EMA, LA. The action I have set up is that when a survey is submitted it will send an email notification to a specific group email address for each region.
The problem I am having is that the email notification are not being sent. I have verified that the email address are correct. Curious as to why the emails are not being sent.
Appreciate any help, thanks.

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

When I click on the Actions Reporting Tab it appears the emails were "completed". I checked my junk folder so not sure why I am not receiving the email.

Userlevel 4
Badge +19

It sounds really silly but check the language of the email message against the language of the survey. I've been tripped up before on my survey being English (US) and my messages being English (UK) and it caused all sorts of problems!
I haven't specifically experienced this issue with Actions but I have had it before in End of Survey and other messages.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Thank you for your input Ashleigh, good thought. I checked the language and they are matched up. I still can not figure this out. The email show sent and the survey shows submitted however nobody is receiving the email notifications. Troubleshooting continues.
If anyone has any other thoughts or suggestions I would appreciate it.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I tried setting up email triggers under "Actions", I also tried setting up email triggers under "Tools->Triggers" no success. I tried using various email address to have the email notification sent to once a survey has been submitted, no success. I am really out of ideas on why emails are not being sent.

Userlevel 4
Badge +19

RyanBrickman if the actions are showing as sent, it makes me think that it might be a delivery issue at the other end. Are you sending from a custom domain? We send from our organisation domain but had to ensure this was set up with whitelisting so that emails were delivered. Perhaps it's an issue with the email client rather than Qualtrics sending it?
I would suggest trying to send it to a Hotmail (or similar) account with less security just to make sure it's not getting stuck in a spam filter or something?

Leave a Reply