Reports that identify the correct answer | XM Community
Question

Reports that identify the correct answer

• 1 April 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I am trying to email the trainers of a course aggregate responses, while signaling what percent got the answers correct on the homework.
I was trying to different ways to accomplish this, with no luck on either.
The first route I was wondering if possible is maybe through email triggers or something related? Each participant is receiving an email with their homework scored like this where the scoring is piped right into the email. Is it possible to pipe the aggregate responses of the class into an email?
1.3 Behavioral Health (View Information Sheet 1.3)
Score: ${gr://SC_e5PuMuHgz4Wu6kl/Score} out of 2
1. Behavioral health is BEST defined as:
Correct answer: A state of mental/emotional being and/or choices and actions that affects wellness
You selected: ${q://QID5/ChoiceGroup/SelectedChoices}

2. Which of the following is an example of a behavioral health problem?
Correct answer: Serious psychological distress
You selected: ${q://QID37/ChoiceGroup/SelectedChoices}

1.6 Continuum of Care (View Information Sheet 1.6)
Score: ${gr://SC_5hIBuKnkC7nBdIN/Score} out of 2
1. The Institute of Medicine (IOM) continuum of care defines three levels of prevention approaches for interventions. One IOM approach is:
Correct answer: Indicated
You selected: ${q://QID36/ChoiceGroup/SelectedChoices}

If there is not a way to do that and I need to create the summary in Reports, can the bar graphs just highlight the bar of the correct response so it is easy for the trainer to read?

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Would you want this to go out repeatedly? If so, yes a trigger or action makes sense. But if not, it seems easier to just set up a report and send it out once. And actually, even if you want them to check it frequently, could you just set up a trigger or action to email them when a response is submitted, and provide a link to the online report? The report would automatically update.
So, I'm not entirely clear why this would be preferable in an email, but if that's the case, I think you could pull it off using embedded data with formulas. You'd set it up to calculate the value you're interested in (e.g., the average response), and then you could pipe that in to your email. More here: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/editing-questions/piped-text/math-operations/

Leave a Reply