How to create and build own web service that utilizes Qualtrics API's ? | XM Community
Question

How to create and build own web service that utilizes Qualtrics API's ?

• 6 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello All,
If we need to create and build our own web service that utilizes Qualtrics API's. What is the suggested approach to create own REST API web service call? Can we create using the Qualtrics developer portal? Is this the main purpose of this portal? 
Ideally I am not clear on what are the first steps that needs to be done on how to create our own web service by which we can utilize the Qualtrics APIs. Is it via any developer portal that qualtrics provides or is it in qualtrics sandbox - Is there any way to do so or SDK or any other way?
Could you please give me directions and guide me here.
Much help. Thanks! 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

If you're just looking to create a wrapper than the AWS API Gateway is a good place to start. For more complex task automation, you could look at paiting it with S3 and Lambda.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Just saw your other post about multiple contacts. You'll probably need to integrate your new api with lambda.

Userlevel 2

Thanks ahmedA. If I have understood correctly then for multiple contacts creation custom API is the only approach, will it not work otherwise within qualtrics platform using existing contacts API?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I haven't used the contacts API, so I can't comment on it.
However, from what you describe, your call is working for one contact, but not for multiple. So, the solution would be fire the API request multiple times.
This can either be done using an online service like lambda, or you could just write a script and run it from your system locally.

Leave a Reply