Response Weighting in CX Dashboards | XM Community
Question

Response Weighting in CX Dashboards

• 9 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi there,
I am trying to use response weigthing in a dashboard but I don't have the right number that I fund from my own calculation.
I explained : I created a dashboard where six different sources are mapped. For all sources we find the same CSAT question with answers ranging from 1 to 5. For each source there is a different number of respondents. I would like to calculate the average but not weighted, that is to say that each source has the same weight. Therefore I created this weighting scheme in my dashboard settings.
However when I create the table in the dashboard and calculate by myself (Source 1 + Source 2 + Source 3 + Source 4 + Source 5 + Source 6) / number of sources, I do not find the same result as the average given in the last column.
Someone can help me please, support don't understand my need !
image.pngimage.pngimage.png

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Why are you using weighting if the average is not weighted? Just curious?
Also i see you only calculate averages of 4s and 5s? (sorry i don't speak French)
So is it so that you are looking to display the average percentage of those who scored 4 and 5 across all sources?

Badge +2

Hi MsIreen ,
Thank you for your message. Don't be sorry, I am not clear in my explanations !
I want each source to have the same weight, i.e. the number of respondents from each source is not taken into account in the average. The average will not be weighted to the size of my sample.
For this, I created a weighting scheme. Since there are 6 sources and 100% / 6 = 16.666667 ... I have adjusted the weighting to 16.6 ... for each source as you can see in the first picture
Then I created a table in the Dashboard where I find in column my 6 sources and at the end the average of these 6 sources. I saw in the second picture that i selected "pondéré" that it is mean "weigthed".
The variable that gives me the% we see in the table is the number of people who answered 4 or 5 to the question "Are you satisfied with our services? ". For example for source 1 in Alpes we can say that 63% of people answer 4 or 5 at the question of overall satisfaction.
However when you calculate "63%+71%+50%+61%+71%/5" (because there is 5 sources and no data in the source 2), I fund 63.2 and not 63.9 for the average. I made the calculation on excel for all the line and I never had the same result.
So I think there is a problem on my weighted scheme.

Leave a Reply