Disable retake link after one use | XM Community
Solved

Disable retake link after one use

• 18 June 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Have looked around and wasn't able to find anything that would do this, does anyone have a workaround on how to make a retake link expire after the survey has been submitted? I'm working with legacy data so I already start the participant with the retake link, and the survey is a multiple access project so the participant is able to access their record after submitting it (using the ResponseID retake link method) but I don't want the old retake links to be active anymore as that becomes confusing when more than 1 retake link is requested.
I'm thinking of using an Authenticator to check for the latest ResponseID in the database (and if not found, then an error message will appear for the old retake link). I'm able to get it to block if the ResponseID doesn't exist, but I'm not able to grant access if the ResponseID matches so I'm likely missing a step here...

icon

Best answer by Mishraji 19 June 2021, 21:10

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +18

EMack - Unfortunately, Retake links cannot be disabled. Your approach of using an authenticator to control this behaviour seems correct. However, you cannot check using response Id's because response ID changes with each and every retake (i.e., Response ID for original response and retake is different; so it will always show the error message in the above setup)

You can instead add the following branch condition in your survey flow and update 'first_retake' variable against the participant in the database using an action.
image.png

Leave a Reply