Embed Tableau | XM Community
Question

Embed Tableau

• 10 March 2020
  • 1 reply

I would like to embed the Tableau software (a visualization and the Tableau interactive functionality) directly into Qualtrics as part of my experiment. (i.e., participants would receive a data visualization on Tableau and they can interact with the visualization as part of the experiment, then submit it and answer a question based on it). Is this possible? If so, what is the code?

I know that it is possible to do so with Microsoft Excel as I have seen it before, but I am not sure how to do it.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@Becca I'm not sure that you would be able to embed the Tableau software--the respondent would have to have Tableau installed in order for a link to an interactive visualization to work. That said, you could export a jpeg from your Tableau workbook and post that as an image in your Qualtrics survey. Alternatively, you could ask your respondents to download Tableau (probably the Tableau Public version, as long as the data you are using is publicly available and free of non-public personal information), but either of those approaches would probably work.

Leave a Reply