How can I find the full survey link to embed a question in an external email application? | XM Community
Solved

How can I find the full survey link to embed a question in an external email application?

Badge +2
I want to append a survey question to our standard ticket close email. I need to use our CRM to do this. I basically want to have a survey with 3 smiley faces as the first question and have these 3 faces appear on the email. If the client clicks a smiley face, then it takes them to the 2nd question of the survey (or the survey page with the first question already filled in) like what happens when I use inline questions in the email distribution in qualtrics.

Any ideas on how to do this?
icon

Best answer by bstrahin 31 May 2018, 22:01

View original

7 replies

Thanks for your quick response @bstrahin ! I will give it a try and let you know how it goes 😀
Userlevel 7
Badge +38
@crystal88 It would look like the attached.!
@bstrahin
I would like to attempt your solution. Where you said "In your Survey Flow, the first block should be Set Embedded Data with variable Button (set from Panel or URL)."

What would that look like?
Would it look like this?
!

or this

!

Let me know I could be way off!
Badge +2
thank you so much! This is perfect.
Userlevel 7
Badge +38
@rhonaf of course!
1. Go into survey editor view
2. Find your question the logic should apply to
3. Click on the wheel to the left of the question under where the number appears
4. Choose the option Add JavaScript
5. Copy the line "this.setChoiceValue("${e://Field/Button}",true)" under the first occurrence of /*Place your JavaScript here to run when the page loads*/

Here's a picture to help!
Badge +2
This is great - and will work - but i'm not sure where to put the javascript in. Can you help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +38
So this may not be best practice, and I don't know much about emailing from a CRM...

Could you make each of the 3 smiley faces their own unique link? Then you can embed the response value in the link and use javascript on the question to get it to select the button.

Question wording
(1) face 1
(2) face 2
(3) face 3

where the number in parentheses is the value assigned to each choice. Normally this starts at 1 and increments but if you've done a lot of editing you may find that the actual value is different - the value can be found in the survey preview using inspect element (let me know if you need more help with this).

The corresponding links would be:
LINK?Button=1
LINK?Button=2
LINK?Button=3

In your Survey Flow, the first block should be Set Embedded Data with variable Button (set from Panel or URL).

Then on your first question where you want the button selected add Javascript:
Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.addOnload(function()
{
this.setChoiceValue("${e://Field/Button}", true);
});

This will allow the answer to be preselected based on the face they click in the email.

Leave a Reply