🌎️ World Environment Day | Badge of the Month | June 2023 | XM Community

🌎️ World Environment Day | Badge of the Month | June 2023

🌎️ World Environment Day | Badge of the Month | June 2023
Badge +48

How to Participate

During the first week of each month, we will post a new question, topic, or activity for you to connect with the community and earn a badge. All community members who join our team and contribute a thoughtful comment to this month’s discussion, between June 1 and June 30, will receive this badge worth 50 points by the end of the month. 

Badge of the Month | June 2023

Question: Where is your favorite place on Earth? Alternatively, how will you celebrate World Environment Day?

Celebrated in ~150 countries annually on June 5th, World Environment Day is the largest global platform promoting environmental protection. World Environment Day was created in 1973 by the United Nations Environment Programme and our team can’t wait to celebrate with you! We want to learn how you plan to celebrate World Environment Day and preserve our ecosystems! Alternatively, tell us about your favorite place on Earth.

This topic has been closed for comments

82 replies

Badge +48

🌎️ I have quite a few favorite places on Earth! I absolutely love Utah and think it is one of the most beautiful places on this planet. I feel the same way about Positano, Italy, and Santorini, Greece! All three destinations are simply stunning.

I plan to celebrate all year in two ways 😃 

I recently picked up gardening and plan to grow edible plants. I also plan to continue reducing my plastic consumption - replacing plastic products with glass and other sustainable alternatives! 🌎️

Userlevel 5
Badge +21

Roatan, Honduras is one of my favorite places.  My brother and I went scuba diving there and it was one of the most beautiful experiences of my life!

Not just on World Environment Day, but every day I am working with my children (ages 2 and 4) on the importance of caring for our environment (reusable containers versus plastic single use, the importance of recycling, etc.)

Badge +48

Roatan, Honduras is one of my favorite places.  My brother and I went scuba diving there and it was one of the most beautiful experiences of my life!

Not just on World Environment Day, but every day I am working with my children (ages 2 and 4) on the importance of caring for our environment (reusable containers versus plastic single use, the importance of recycling, etc.)

I love that you are instilling the importance of environmental protection in your children and our future generations 👏🏻 that’s incredible! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

One of my favorite places on Earth has to be the city of Hermosillo, Mexico. It has a special place in my heart since I was born there and continued to visit my family every single summer or winter vacation.

I plan to continue reducing my waste and hopefully go on a few trash pick-up events in local parks! 😊

Userlevel 5
Badge +27

My favorite place on earth is Walt Disney World.  I debated on whether or not to put this because I wasn’t sure if the answer was in the spirit of the question.  But when I thought about it, Disney as a company has been very transparent in their mission of reducing emissions, sustainability, conservation (via their Animal Kingdom theme park), and waste reduction (if you’ve been to a park lately you know they've completely eliminated plastic straws and stirrers).  So I felt it was an appropriate answer.  :)

Personally, we will continue composting, growing some of our own herbs/vegetables, and recycling! 

Userlevel 3
Badge +15

Milford Sound in New Zealand is beautiful. It’s called the land of waterfalls for a reason and was amazing to see so many waterfalls in a fjord. I went there a few years ago and it’s still my favorite place I’ve ever traveled to.

I hope to reduce my waste and will hopefully plant some trees here soon! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Copenhagen is my favorite place in the world 🇩🇰 I love how bike-friendly the city is, and how sustainably the city is designed -- it’s walkable, green, you’re always close to a park, it’s easy to “eat local” and also eat organic 🌱

Recently I’ve been picking up extra litter when I can when I’m out walking my dog in my neighborhood here in Seattle. It may not be much, but it feels good to do something. 

Enjoying everyone’s posts so far!

Userlevel 7
Badge +32

My Home town Dehradun 🇮🇳 is my favorite place. I'm planning to more plates in my home. Also will Reduce the use of paper in my day to day work.

Userlevel 5
Badge +26

My favourite place on this planet would be my hometown - Kutch! One can witness the most amazing sunset views over here :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I feel like there’s no better place in the world than ones  home…. And no better way to start thinking about the environment then home itself… so will be more involved and encouraged in keeping clean thệ surroundings…

Recently started with planting … got 2 new and taking care of the existing ….. like this one grew alittle big in a month or so

Userlevel 4
Badge +21

My favorite place is Cork, Ireland. It was also the first overseas city to live outside of its home town, and it was an interesting world where the whole world was green and the tradition and environment remained the same a long time ago. I want to go again anytime.

And I want to mention Provo, I haven't been to. I’ve seen and heard environment and landspace of the city. One day I hope be there and meet some qualtrics guys.

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Good morning from a sunny Sweden! 
My soul is at peace when I’m close to water. So I my favorite place is probably along the South-East parts of Sweden where the archipelago extends from the coastline out into the ocean with thousands of small islands. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

My favorite place is Mumbai - City of Dreams. I will continue to use plastic as minimally as possible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56

My favorite places are often near water, able to be at peace and to share them with loved ones. I just discovered this one, on the shore of the tidal Potomac River near where we live in Virginia. This picture, which I took last weekend, was deeply evocative and peaceful when I saw it for the first time in the middle of a long hike. It reminds me of how we are all interconnected as human beings living on the Earth.

The tidal Potomac River in Virginia, USA

And of course I would be remiss if I left out a shot of the outdoor batting cages that I’ve been going to for the last several years to blow off steam and literally get into rhythm.

Me at the batting cage near my house

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Hello everyone.... 

There are a quite places that are my favourite on this planet but one out of them I would love to visit the most is Shree Kedarnath dham in uttrakhand, India . It's one of the most divine pilgrimage places for the devotees with a breathtaking views and scenes. 

For the environmental day... Will be looking out for cleanliness in the society and help others for the same cause. Also will try go on random trash pickup with the teams/campaigns 

Badge +48

I feel like there’s no better place in the world than ones  home…. And no better way to start thinking about the environment then home itself… so will be more involved and encouraged in keeping clean thệ surroundings…

Recently started with planting … got 2 new and taking care of the existing ….. like this one grew alittle big in a month or so

What a beautiful plant! Is it a Golden Pothos? And, I completely agree - there’s no place like home!

Badge +48

My favorite place is Cork, Ireland. It was also the first overseas city to live outside of its home town, and it was an interesting world where the whole world was green and the tradition and environment remained the same a long time ago. I want to go again anytime.

And I want to mention Provo, I haven't been to. I’ve seen and heard environment and landspace of the city. One day I hope be there and meet some qualtrics guys.

I have always wanted to travel to Ireland - it looks so lush and green in pictures!

Badge +48

@MattiasM I feel so at peace on the water too! Sweden looks stunning 🤩

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

What a beautiful plant! Is it a Golden Pathos? And, I completely agree - there’s no place like home!

Thankyou @AmaraW and yes correctly guessed …..it’s a Golden Pothos, commonly called as money plant in India 🇮🇳. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

It’s incredibly hard to narrow down to one favourite place, as so many places have their own unique charm.  However one place that is definitely one of my favourites to visit is Palm Springs, USA.  I love the unique charm and community spirit of the town, and whilst it’s gotten bigger and busier over the years it continues to respect the history of the town.  The vast differences in environment surrounding it, from desert to forests was beautiful and definitely something to protect.

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

Any National Park fits the bill as the most beautiful place. Each one I visit is beautiful in its own way if you take the time, relax, and begin to hike the trails away from the visitor centers. 

Badge +48

@Shivamvig_sv I had no idea it’s called a money plant! I have two Golden Pothos in my home 🌱! 

Badge +48

@AdamK12 The Patomic looks so serene in that photo! Baseball is a fantastic way to get outside and burn off some energy! ⚾

Badge +48

@PraDeepKotian_Ugam I have always wanted to see Mumbai 🤩

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@Shivamvig_sv I had no idea it’s called a money plant! I have two Golden Pothos in my home 🌱! 

@AmaraW Thats really great! 🌱 

and alongside Qualtrics its great learning some other things too… the best side of XM community ✨🤞🏼