Insert a button that gives a pop-up additional information window when clicked | XM Community
Solved

Insert a button that gives a pop-up additional information window when clicked

• 18 September 2018
  • 26 replies

Hello,
I've been looking for information on how to create a pop-up button that when clicked brings up a box of additional information - but I have only found "hover-over" options and an option for using the "next" button as a pop up option. I'd like to have a button that says "Click here for examples you can use to edit or complete your list" that appears under a text entry form. When clicked, a pop-up window would appear with information.

I am new to Qualtrics with little knowledge on coding. Is there a simple way to do this without coding knowledge? If there is another page with information on this already I'm happy to be redirected. Thank you!
icon

Best answer by NiC 28 September 2018, 04:46

View original

26 replies

Badge

I actually just made a video that shows you how to generate interactive pop-ups that allow rich text, embedded images, heck you can basically put anything into these pop-ups.  Basically, it uses the JavaScript modal. 

Instead of a clicking on a link like I do in this video, you can just add a button:

Change:

<p>How many days do you work <a href="#" data-toggle="modal" data-target="#myModal">remotely</a>?</p>

to

<p>How many days do you work remotely? <button type="button" data-toggle="modal" data-target="#myModal">Define</button>?</p>

I put the full JavaScript modal code in the video description.  You basically just throw into the HTML view part of the question.  Here's the video if it would be helpful:

https://youtu.be/tXj0q5GryJs

Leave a Reply