How to collect embedded data on which text questions were presented within a block | XM Community
Question

How to collect embedded data on which text questions were presented within a block

Badge

Hello,

I have a survey which randomizes the order in which two groups of blocks are presented (The groups represent two differently framed sets of questions). Within each group, all blocks are presented in a randomized order. Within each block, there is a timing question, then a random presentation of 1 of 2 text type questions (not text entry, just text, referred to here on as statements), followed by the same 2 multiple choice questions with recoded numerical values, regardless of whether statement 1 or 2 was presented. The first multiple choice question is different between the two groups of blocks, but the second is the same across groups. Further, within each block, across both groups, statement 1 is about the same topic A and statement 2 is about the same topic B. The statements in group 2 always include the name of the topic conjugated in the same way (the survey is not in English), but the statements in group 1 almost but do not always include the name of the topic in the statement. 

I was wondering if there was a way I could filter my multiple choice data (other than by going through it manually) by which statement type, 1 or 2, each participant was presented with for a given block. I tried doing this with embedded data but have not been able to figure out a way that successfully stored it. I would prefer if it is possible to do without JavaScript but will use it if necessary. 

Thank you!

0 replies

Be the first to reply!

Leave a Reply