Display a dynamic watermark on an image? | XM Community
Skip to main content

Greetings all, I have an ask from a user that I'm hoping I can get an answer on. The situation is that a survey is being planned where images will be shown and respondent's opinions on the images asked. The issue is that the researcher would like a way to help ensure respondents are dissuaded from downloading the image to their computer (and potentially violate their NDA by sharing the image or posting it).
The ask was if there is a way for Qualtrics to apply a "dynamic watermark" to the image (using piped text). So, the image in the survey would just be the base image, but when you enter your email address in a previous block, that email address is stored as an embedded data field and then later, the image is displayed with a watermark on top of the image that is the email address (pulled from the embedded data field).
Is that possible somehow? Or is thee a better way to lock down/watermark images in a survey?

Thanks!

You can use jQuery library, check this

Hey Rondev, but doesn't this solution require the files to be stored on the webserver? How would one implement this into a Qualtrics survey?
(can you tell I'm not a web developer? 🙂 )

You can store the image file in in the Qualtrics library

Oh, sorry, I mean the JavaScript libraries/plugin that link references. On the page you linked it indicates you have to reference the files locally (or where they live on the webserver). For example, aren't they referencing the JavaScript file inside the dist folder here?):

You need to just use below script tag in the header.

Scanning file for viruses.

Sorry, we're still checking this file's contents to make sure it's safe to download. Please try again in a few minutes.

OK

This file cannot be downloaded

Sorry, our virus scanner detected that this file isn't safe to download.

OK