Embedded Data Tips for Dates | XM Community
Question

Embedded Data Tips for Dates

• 22 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I have some course surveys that I want to add an embedded data field to that will indicate the date the course started. I have been experimenting with different variable types (number, text, date) under the options menu, and this data never appears in the results tab in Qualtrics nor on a .csv export of the data. I’ve named the field CourseStrartDate.  The results are being ingested into a database via an AI (I am not the one handling that), so it would be nice to have this piece of information.   I have three other fields that are text variable types (instructor, CourseName, CourseType), and they consistently appear.  Can anyone advise?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

The fact that it is a date field may just be a coincidence; even if the wrong variable type was selected, there should still be a column in your dataset for this field. If the other three data fields that are coming through are from the same data source, then there’s no reason why this data field shouldn’t also flow through.

Make sure that the spelling of this field (“CourseStrartDate”-sic?) in the Survey Flow exactly matches the spelling of the field in the data source. A discrepancy between the two is the only reason I can think of why this field is not coming through to your data.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Thanks. I appreciate your response. I am not sure what the culprit was, but it is working now.  

Leave a Reply