Where to view the standard survey messages of Qualtrics that is displayed to the respondent | XM Community
Question

Where to view the standard survey messages of Qualtrics that is displayed to the respondent

• 11 December 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi,

When a respondent is responding to a survey, there are few messages that come up by default, for example in the below cases :

1. In a question with REQUEST RESPONSE, if respondent doesn’t enter/select any value, standard message is displayed that response was not provided
  2. If a survey link is kept open and no activity takes place, a message comes up.

Where can I see those messages and can we have custom messages ?

Regards,

Neha Tank

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Good afternoon from a rainy Sweden!

You should check out this page: 
https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-options/survey-experience/#AddingACustomErrorMessage

And perhaps also this thread: 

All the best

-Mattias

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Thanks for sharing the link. I went through all the links. But the customer says, when he keeps the browser for long time and does no action, he gets the below message: 

English translation : Your session has ended and your response, if any, has been recorded.

Where can I change this message ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Thanks for sharing the link. I went through all the links. But the customer says, when he keeps the browser for long time and does no action, he gets the below message: 

English translation : Your session has ended and your response, if any, has been recorded.

Where can I change this message ?

Good morning from a sunny Sweden!

You go to your project. Go to “Survey Options”, then go down to “Expired Survey message”, click “Custom” and then you can create a new message under which user you want it to be sored under. 

All the best

-Mattias

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

@Neha Tank ,Is he taking run through unique link? also please check the expiry date of unique link and as well as of survey under survey option.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

@ArunDubey , yes it is a personalized link.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

@MattiasM , I am unable to find the option of Expired Survey Message. Below is screenshot for your reference:

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

@MattiasM , I am unable to find the option of Expired Survey Message. Below is screenshot for your reference:

Hello and good morning from a rainy Sweden!

You need to click the “Set specific start...” button under “Survey Availability” for it to open up.

All the best

-Mattias

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

Hi Neha, you should check the expiry date on your personalize link.

please refer below link:

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/distributions-module/email-distribution/personal-links/

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

Currently no expiry date is mentioned under survey option. So your personalized link must be expired. Please check your survey unique link. If these are expired then you will need to regenerate new links. 

Leave a Reply