Welcome to the new and improved XM Community 🎉 | XM Community

Welcome to the new and improved XM Community 🎉

Welcome to the new and improved XM Community 🎉
Userlevel 7
Badge +31

We’ve been hard at work creating a better Community experience for you!

First and foremost, we want to thank you, our XM Community members, for your generous patience during the period of Community downtime. We are thrilled to welcome you to our new and improved XM Community home! 

What’s new:

Some of the most exciting new features include:

• The ability to “follow” specific community members! Like what Community superstar TomG has to say? Now you can follow him or other members directly on their profiles to stay up-to-date on their tips and tricks! 
  • An events widget directly on our Community homepage! Stay connected to Qualtrics events by browsing our wide array of virtual and live events listed on our homepage for easy access.
  • Find unanswered questions easily -- help your fellow members and earn rewards! In the Discussions section of the homepage, you can toggle over to “Help Others” to address unanswered questions and rank up faster via our Rank and Rewards program.
  • Twitter widget located in the left side of the homepage to keep up with Qualtrics news!
  • And many more...

Have you updated your “how-tos” on using the new platform?

We have! Please review this post by @JoseS on how to get started with the new platform.

Why was it important for us to change platforms?

As an experience management company, Qualtrics is dedicated to providing the best possible Community experience for our customers. We feel our new platform and its architecture will allow us to better surface useful content for you, and also provide a premium customer community experience. Our new platform better integrates with existing Qualtrics tools internally, allowing us to bring you a greater breadth of content while allowing us to personalize Community experiences for you.

Why was the downtime necessary?

Unfortunately, there was a gap between our previous provider’s contract end and the launch date with our new provider. We did everything we could to avoid the downtime, but in the end, we could not get around it. 

It looks like some Community content is missing -- is this true?

Yes. We handed over a file of historical community content to our new provider in early March. Anything added after that date on the old platform will not be present in the new platform. We apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused. The good news is you still get credit (in the form of points earned or badges) for your content from the previous community. We do not have access to the old platform, so some content may need to be recreated or reposted. Again, we apologize sincerely for any inconveniences. 

The future of the Qualtrics XM Community is bright! 

Despite some minor short-term frustrations, the XM Community team is playing the long game when it comes to creating a Community home for our customers. Our new platform will allow us to grow and expand in exciting ways, and we’re bringing some new content types your way in the near future, including:

• XM Community Podcast -- Learn how Qualtrics customers maximize the capabilities of our platform for the greatest ROI
  • Two Minute Tips -- A new short video series in an easily digestible time format to help you get the most out of Qualtrics
  • Video Release Notes -- In addition to our traditional release notes, we’ll be rolling out a video version of our release notes highlighting some of the most important changes to be aware of

What about the Product Ideas category? Where is that?

A new and improved Product Ideas page is coming soon! We’re excited to introduce you soon to Evolve, a new product ideas dashboard that will give customers greater transparency into the product universe at Qualtrics, while also allowing Community members to submit ideas directly to the product team. No more middle man! Your ideas will go directly to product leaders for review. Updated ETA: June 2023.

What else is coming?

A new chat bot is coming to the XM Community! Powered by Forethought, the chat bot will be available soon to help you locate and discover content in a more efficient manner. We hope to launch the chat bot soon. 

Badges from the old platform are still being rolled out to members, as well. 

A new points system is also in place! Now you can earn points in our Rank and Rewards program in the following ways:

• 50 points for providing an answer to a question
  • 15 points for posting a reply to a discussion
  • 5 points for receiving a “like” or a “vote”
  • 15 points for creating a topic

Email notifications: We are still working on getting email notifications from the Community up and running. We hope to have this piece resolved soon. When it’s fixed, all members who opt in should receive email notifications from the Community again. We will do a more formal announcement (with instructions) on this when the feature is ready.

In short, all of our recent changes are designed to provide YOU with a better experience all around. We worked hard to build our new Community home for you and we hope you like it! If you have any feedback you’re welcome to comment on this article or send me an email directly: mcooksey@qualtrics.com 

Sincerely,

Michael

Head of XM Community @ Qualtrics 

36 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

The search function is only looking at words individually instead of together.  I’ve done searches with two words and it will look the most relevant single word.   Example: searching ‘closed loop’ bring me threads about a loop function in building a survey.

I see above some topics from the previous version are missing, hopefully that’s all this is.  If not, the search function could be improved. :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +41

Quick question, seems like we are not getting notifications when someone tag you to the post. Where can we see notifications like someone answered, liked, tagged you to post.

Good shout @PeeyushBansal ❗ On a related note, my (MSOutlook) did not recognise this new community and filed the notification updates into my Spam folder 🤔

So heads up for everyone 😲 who may be monitoring notifications via their email account linked to their profile here 😉

Userlevel 5
Badge +24

Looking forward to being able to follow certain people and check out the video tips.  Qualtrics is great at updating the platform and giving us a voice in it.  Thank you

Userlevel 4
Badge +24

Yes. We handed over a file of historical community content to our new provider in early March. Anything added after that date on the old platform will not be present in the new platform. We apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused. The good news is you still get credit (in the form of points earned or badges) for your content from the previous community. We do not have access to the old platform, so some content may need to be recreated or reposted. Again, we apologize sincerely for any inconveniences.

@Michael_Cooksey So there’s no hope to recover that interim content? I put up a lengthy post posing a problem and a lengthy post when I ultimately solved it, hoping to relieve the burden from others. That post appears to be gone now (unless I don’t understand how to look for my own posts on the new Community), so there’s nothing to be done for recovery, even by me?

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Quick question, seems like we are not getting notifications when someone tag you to the post. Where can we see notifications like someone answered, liked, tagged you to post.

This is a known issue, and we’re working on resolving it now! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Good shout @PeeyushBansal ❗ On a related note, my (MSOutlook) did not recognise this new community and filed the notification updates into my Spam folder 🤔

So heads up for everyone 😲 who may be monitoring notifications via their email account linked to their profile here 😉

We are working on fixing this now! It’s a known issue and we’re doing our best to resolve it ASAP. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

@Michael_Cooksey So there’s no hope to recover that interim content? I put up a lengthy post posing a problem and a lengthy post when I ultimately solved it, hoping to relieve the burden from others. That post appears to be gone now (unless I don’t understand how to look for my own posts on the new Community), so there’s nothing to be done for recovery, even by me?

@TimR I’m afraid anything created on the “old” Community after the content migration cut off date will not be present on the “new” Community.

I fully recognize and acknowledge this is not ideal at all, and without getting into the ins and outs of the whole situation, this was a hit we had to take. We did all we could to avoid this scenario, but in the end there was no way around it. There is no recovery method from the retired platform. It’s a bad situation, and I apologize for any missing contributions. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Looking forward to being able to follow certain people and check out the video tips.  Qualtrics is great at updating the platform and giving us a voice in it.  Thank you

Thank you @Tonya_Fulton 💜

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

The search function is only looking at words individually instead of together.  I’ve done searches with two words and it will look the most relevant single word.   Example: searching ‘closed loop’ bring me threads about a loop function in building a survey.

I see above some topics from the previous version are missing, hopefully that’s all this is.  If not, the search function could be improved. :)

Hi @emac! Thanks for checking in here. If you use quotes around your search term, it should isolate the term you’re looking for. Eg., “closed loop” : 

https://community.qualtrics.com/search?q=%22closed%20loop%22

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @emac! Thanks for checking in here. If you use quotes around your search term, it should isolate the term you’re looking for. Eg., “closed loop” : 

https://community.qualtrics.com/search?q=%22closed%20loop%22

Thanks.  I had already tried this and it would return the same results.  Seems to be working today.

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Another question @Michael_Cooksey , @AmaraW and @JoseS , this one about the 🏅Badge of the Month Program 📅. Usually a new topic would appear in the first few days of the month but I can’t find on following the March ‘23 one*. Did this stop, change or something else?  

✖️ X4 2023 | Badge of the Month | March 2023 | XM Community (qualtrics.com)

Hi Steve -- we didn’t do a Badge of the Month for April due to the launch of the new platform, but we will resume May 1 with the same Badge of the Month program.

Also, we rolled out some fixes to the email notification issue -- if you don’t mind, let me know if you received an email notification for this comment in your normal inbox and not spam. Thanks! 

Leave a Reply