Extension reporting widget plugin does not appear when running in development | XM Community
Question

Extension reporting widget plugin does not appear when running in development

• 11 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I am trying to run an extension locally using xmt develop extension, but the connection to localhost is refused, so the plugin is never displayed. I verified that I have added the XMT=1 query parameter, done a hard refresh, and that my browser (Edge) is configured to allow insecure content for my Qualtrics brand domain.
This is my first time doing xmt develop extension, in the past the documentation used to say something like xmt run or xmt start I believe. Do you have any troubleshooting suggestions?

3 replies

Badge +1

Facing the exact same issue, has this been resolved?!

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

@VLobo Yes from what I can tell there is some issue syncing my changes when I change my code, so the ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED happened because xmt develop extension was not watching all of my new changes. Here is the process I used whenever I made a change in my code:

1. Clean the project using npm run clean
  2. Make a change in the EN.json file.
  3. Rebuild the project again using npm run build
  4. Verify that the xmt develop extension catches all of the changes, I can tell by if it resyncs the font files.

It’s possible that maybe not all of these steps are necessary, but this is what worked for me.

Badge +1

Many thanks @corinally :)

Leave a Reply