Have you already seen Work:New.0 ? Tell us in a few words what you've learned from the video on the Community!

Any ideas for minimizing survey fatigue among clinical staff?

AdamK12
AdamK12 Bethesda, MD Superuser ✭✭✭✭
edited May 10 in Healthcare

Hello! I've asked this question to the general community but also wanted to ask it to other healthcare practitioners to see how you handle this situation.

We are the National Library of Medicine (one of the 27 institutes at the U.S. National Institutes of Health). One of our information products is used daily--sometimes many times during the day--by healthcare practitioners (think physicians, physician assistants, RNs, etc.) who are logging into their hospital system or medical practice network several times a day to look up information about a specific medication. This refreshes the site cookie which means that the Qualtrics settings for not redisplaying based on the site cookie don't work--so they receive the survey too often and complain to us about being asked to take the same survey multiple times.

I would imagine that this may come up for other healthcare organizations--like hospital systems, teaching hospitals, etc., and that there may be some best practices for using custom code in the Qualtrics intercept to avoid excessive display of the survey. If there are, could people on the network please let me know here? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• AdamK12
    AdamK12 Bethesda, MD Superuser ✭✭✭✭

Hi everyone: I wanted to provide some followup with the solution that my team developed. (All credit goes to them.) I hope this will be valuable for people with Qualtrics use cases that involve internal surveys of staff logging into shared terminals and then logging out, with site cookies cleared so that any cookie-based access control system does not work.

This could be applicable for librarians or staff in similar institutions, but this use case, as I alluded to above, involves hospital staff that are extremely pressured for time and need to access, on a shared terminal, information urgently needed for patient care. We have received numerous complaints from staff who have needed to access this critical drug or medical device information only to be served a survey before they can view the information. This has the potential to severely impact patient care and required an urgent solution.

The solution that we came up with was to use the display logic to block display to all content pages, and search results. It is not optimal because it limits the number of pages that we can collect feedback about, but the tradeoff is medical practitioners who are extremely frustrated by obstacles to gathering essential information for patient care.

I hope that this is helpful to others who may encounter similar situations!