Community Groups are officially here!
We've released Groups, a new feature that enables us to connect community members of similar industries and interests in a shared, private space. You can check out all of the details here, including information about who can join, how to join, and what Groups are currently offered. Please leave your feedback through this Community Groups Feedback Survey.

Automatically login to tableau without disclosing user name and password to my participants?

CodeCollective
CodeCollective Community Member Qubie ✭
edited August 2020 in Integrations

Hello,

as a part of an experiment I'd like participants to access and interact with a tableau dashboard, embedded into Qualtrics via an iframe. Problem is, they'd need an account and login. I don't want and cannot openly share the account credentials for them to login manually.

Can I automatically log them in with valid account credentials, without disclosing them? I'm picturing coding something so that the login data would be sent to tableau and they'd be logged in. I read something about POST requests, is that the way to go?

I am a complete beginner, I hope this is feasible. If it is but too complex to explain in detail, I'd appreciate some resources that I could use to learn.

Tagged: