Are custom metrics calculated at the respondent level? | XM Community
Solved

Are custom metrics calculated at the respondent level?

• 14 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge +5

Within dashboards/custom metrics, I'm trying to calculate a score using custom metrics based on a respondents answers from 2 questions.
Q1 - How many points would you assign to each of the 8 attributes listed (0-100)
Q2 - Matrix with several brands listed in the column headers and the 8 attributes listed in the rows -- For each attribute, select the brand(s) that apply.
The goal of the "score" is to award points to the brands based on how the respondent allocated points to the attributes and then associated the attributes to the brands.
Here's what I came up with but I haven't verified it works yet.
image.png

icon

Best answer by LaurenK 4 November 2020, 22:08

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi DarrylS! Custom Metrics are generally calculated at a more overall level. For example, Sum (Q27_1) will add together all respondents' numeric answers to Q27_1. In order to calculate scores at the respondent level, we'd recommend using Scoring in combination with either Math Operations or a Formula Variable to set this up within the survey itself, and then mapping this "score" to the dashboard. If you have any additional questions be sure to follow up with our wonderful Support team as they are best equipped to help!

Leave a Reply